Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Cape, Cabernet, and Chocolate Wine

My friend Ann and her fam invited me to their Cape house in Eastham, MA last week. Because it was not beach weather appropriate, we did what any other girl would do at this point - We went shopping. We stumbled upon Main Street Wine & Gourmet that offers FREE Daily Tastings. We sampled 3 white and 3 red. Both of us fell in love with the Cabernet blend and purchased a bottle for the wine rack. Retail says it's $15 on the website: http://www.clayhousewines.com/our-wines/adobe.php?wine=3


We paid a little less than this. So if you see it for under $15 - Grab it! It's worth it.


In addition, we scored these awesome wine stoppers. I have not seen ones like them yet. They are flat so you fit them standing up in your fridge. In addition, they are non-drip, so you can lay them back on your wine rack and not worry about spillage.

I am also always on the lookup for corky (no pun intended) accessories. Check out these gift tags and this bag - HAHA!


The bag may be too good to give up - I'm thinking of working my magic by throwing it in a black frame and finding a spot for it in my kitchen. It's a good convo starter.


After about 3 more hours of shopping and a bite to eat at Land Ho! we went back to the house for a movie and dessert - Chocolate Wine. My awesome co worker Emily brought this to my house warming party the week prior and I was saving it for good company. Chocolate Wine: It instantly resembled a really sweet and potent White Russian.  CAUTION: Sip Slowly. This is definitely a one glass drink. I would recommend breaking this out with a group if you do. You have to keep it cold and something about the milky texture and keeping it for more than a week after opening it kinda skeeves me out.


If you are interested, here is is: chocovine.com


Well everyone, I hope you enjoyed my first post. More to come. Stay tuned and spread the word!

No comments:

Post a Comment